You, reading this right now, are a magnificent being, with a purpose and desire to spread love in the world. Sometimes we forget this when we become caught up in all of life’s antics. Life can be a real balancing act. We are expected, day in and day out, to have all of our ducks in a row. Our careers, our families, and our friends all seem to take up large chunks of our time, sometimes wearing us very thin. We tend to believe that we must put everything else first, and then, if we have time, we’ll take care of ourselves. While I’m not saying drop everything you’re doing and go on a month long spa vacation, I think we sometimes forget the importance of putting our own selves first in our own lives. It’s so important to make sure that you meet your own needs, so then you can go out and excel in every aspect of your life. If you’re not in your best shape mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually, how can you be expected to give one hundred percent to life?
Here are some reminders to bring you back to fully loving yourself first:
- Meditate. Start your day with at least five minutes of meditation. Aligning your mind, body, and spirit. There is no better way of telling yourself, “you’re important and you matter.”
- Breathe. So many of us hold our breaths throughout the day and don’t even realize it. If you’re in a stressful situation, don’t freak out; come back to your breath. Slowly inhale and exhale, and notice the magnificence of your breath. Be present to the fact that you are a living, breathing, being.
- Mantra Japa. Mantra repetition, or silently saying a sacred prayer is a wonderful way to calm your mind when you’re on the go. If you start to get frazzled throughout your day, breathe and pray.
- Organize. Mentally scan your life. Are there situations, people, or things that do not serve you? Are you being sucked into situations that drain your energy? Redesign your schedule to make time for the things that really matter to you.
- Health. Are you feeding your body the foods it really needs to power you through your days? Sometimes we think we are being healthy, when in reality we are far from it. Try cooking at home more, eating organic, and loading up on fruits and vegetables.
- Goals. Create a vision board of what you want in your life. Make your life exciting and find things that you can really look forward to.
- Love. Incorporate love into all aspects of your life. Replace all your fears with love, and watch a miraculous shift appear in your life.
- Laugh. The best medicine, they say, is laughter. Find ways to make yourself smile and laugh.
- Explore. Try something new every once and a while. Keep life interesting. Be daring, step outside of your comfort zone.
- Rest. Sleep is something that can go by the wayside if we have really busy lives, but it really is so important for living a happy, healthy life. Make sure you’re getting ample rest so you can have the energy you need to take on each day with gusto.
This week, try and hone in on how you can make YOU number one in your life. What are some things you can incorporate to give yourself a little extra TLC? Let me know!