Powered by RedCircle
In this week’s episode, Barb and Michelle talk about this sneaky habit that drains our energy: writing stories. Our minds are extremely powerful and creative, if unchecked, our minds can go into overdrive writing stories and contemplating possibilities that we simply don’t know to be true. We can never know what it’s fully like to walk in someone else’s shoes, so we might as well stop trying to fill in the gaps with our own creative ideas.
Follow us @MichelleMaros and @Peaceful_Barb and share your experiences with us @BarbKnowsBestPod.
- Writing stories is the #1 habit that drains our energy.
- Deepen your awareness of what your mind is feeling and where it is going so that you can redirect the mind from going down a negative path.
- Name it to tame it.
- Noticing and naming our emotions helps create some distance between the emotion and the intense feelings that accompany it.
- Ask yourself, is this true? Is the story you are writing true?
- Find a neutral statement to replace the negative.
- Ask yourself, is the story that I’m writing right now empowering me and inspiring me?
- The stories we tell about ourselves matter most.
Resources Mentioned in Today’s Podcast: