Powered by RedCircle
In this week’s episode of the pod, Barb and Michelle discuss the old adage “you are the company that you keep”. Learn how Barb and Michelle think is the best way to cultivate meaningful, aligned relationships as well as being the example for the people in your life.
Follow us @MichelleMaros and @Peaceful_Barb and share your experiences with us @BarbKnowsBestPod.
- Emotional contagion refers to a phenomenon of an automatic adoption of an emotional state of another person. We, as humans, have a natural tendency to mimic the people around us.
- Spend time with people that align with you are. Carefully choose the company you keep as they can influence how you think about yourself and how show up in the world.
- Be mindful of the places you hang out in, in the digital sphere, as it can influence you as much as those around you.
- You have choice. You can determine how you process and interpret the situation.
- Choose people that inspire you. Embrace the habits that you see in other people that will help you be the best version of yourself.
- Instead of modeling perfection, model authenticity. Be exactly who you are and just show up.
Resources Mentioned in Today’s Podcast:
- Emotional Contagion (Studies in Emotion and Social Interaction) by Elaine Hatfield, John T. Cacioppo, Richard L. Rapson
- Atlas of the Heart – Brené Brown