Powered by RedCircle
In this week’s episode, Barb and Michelle unpack their own perfectionistic tendencies and the triggers that come along with being a perfectionist. They also provide tips and tricks for how to break the perfectionism cycle and how to cultivate self-compassion.
Follow us @MichelleMaros and @Peaceful_Barb and share your experiences with us @BarbKnowsBestPod.
- Triggers for a perfectionist:
- Not wanting to let people down.
- Having trouble delegating tasks, because you feel that you are the only person who can get it done correctly.
- Feeling like if you take a break you’ll fall behind.
- Not enjoying hobbies because you don’t feel you are good enough.
- Procrastinating because you don’t feel ready.
- Revisiting text messages repeatedly before hitting send.
- Having a fear of failure.
- Thinking you are only going to happy when you reach your finish line or complete your task.
- Ho’oponopono for self-forgiveness:
- To practice ho’oponopono, take five minutes and take a few deep breaths with your eyes closed.
- Then, slowly repeat these phrases to yourself.
- I love you.
- I’m sorry.
- Please forgive me.
- Thank you.
Resources Mentioned in Today’s Podcast: