Powered by RedCircle
In this week’s episode, Barb is fresh off her silent retreat and gives us the insight we all are yearning to hear! Barb discusses her takeaways, thoughts, and feelings on her recent experience as well as talks us through her history with going on retreats.
Follow us @MichelleMaros and @Peaceful_Barb and share your experiences with us @BarbKnowsBestPod.
- Retreat – the act of giving up and withdrawing or a time away in a quiet and secluded place where you can relax.
- Retreats allow for self-observation of personal feelings, thoughts, and sensations without judgment.
Barb’s Tangible Takeaways from Her Retreat:
- Commit to notice the dialogue your mind is having with you, but you don’t engage with that dialogue.
- Do not judge.
- Do not compare.
- Do not fix.
- You can’t place your value and self-worth in the external world. You can’t fix the past. Be present in the moment.
- Retreats for Barb are a rest of the mind. Be in the trough and allows yourself the space and the ability to feel your feelings. Regaining a sense of self.
References Mentioned in Today’s Podcast: