Powered by RedCircle
In this week’s episode, Barb and Michelle dive into the topic of loneliness, lessons they learned from being alone, and how we can find strength in solitude. Follow us @MichelleMaros and @Peaceful_Barb and share your experiences with us @BarbKnowsBestPod or at www.michellemaros.com/podcast.
Loneliness is the state of distress or discomfort that results when one perceives a gap between one’s desires for social connection and actual experiences of it. Even some people who are surrounded by others throughout the day—or are in a long-lasting marriage—still experience a deep and pervasive loneliness.
36% of adults in the United States feel lonely frequently or all the time
Simple Reminders When You Have Lonely Feelings:
- Find the silver linings in spending time alone.
- Spending time with just yourself allows you the opportunity to cultivate a deeper relationship with yourself.
- Remember to not take your loneliness personally.
- Release the negative judgements or stories out there related to you being alone.
- Remember no feeling is final. The feeling of loneliness is not permanent.
References Mentioned in Today’s Podcast: