Powered by RedCircle
In this very special episode, Barb and Michelle celebrate one year of Barb Knows Best, the Podcast! In this time, they reflect on some of the biggest, most impactful lessons they’ve learned since launching the show, and what they hope to pass along to all of the listeners! Follow us @MichelleMaros and @Peaceful_Barb and share your experiences with us @BarbKnowsBestPod or at www.michellemaros.com/podcast.
15 Things That Were “Up” for Us in Our First Year:
- Give yourself grace and pause to feel the feelings.
- Feel the fear and do it anyway. Be curious about the unknown. We don’t know what is on the other side of fear and self-doubt.
- Amazing things can happen when you commit to your dreams.
- Don’t take things personally. There will always be people committed to misunderstanding you.
- There is power in shared experiences and shared vulnerability.
- Learn who you can trust and how to discern who has earned that trust.
- You are not alone. There are people out there who want to help you. You simply have to ask.
- Know who YOUR people are. Understand the importance of asking those people for help when you need it. Your people ARE YOUR people.
- Healthy boundaries are important.
- Be where your feet are, the present moment is truly where we have our power.
- There is power in the PAUSE.
- Every storm runs out of rain. ~ Maya Angelou
- Happiness is choosing one thought over the other.
- Life is not a one and done, we are always learning.
- Don’t be so hard on yourself. Even with all the practices, self-compassion continues to be the hardest one to adapt in our lives.
References Mentioned in Today’s Podcast: