Powered by RedCircle
In this week’s special episode, Barb and Michelle chat with celebrated members of the Florida Atlantic University Men’s Basketball team. After a whirlwind year reaching the Final Four, Barb and Michelle follow up with Head Coach Dusty May and returning players, Alijah Martin and Nick Boyd, to discuss how they maintain their vision, release external pressures, and keep focused on their goals. It’s an episode you won’t want to miss! Follow us @MichelleMaros and @Peaceful_Barb and share your experiences with us @BarbKnowsBestPod or at www.michellemaros.com/podcast.
FAU Men’s Basketball Schedule https://fausports.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Head Coach Dusty May – @coachdustymay
Dusty May led Florida Atlantic to what is undoubtedly its greatest season in school history in the 2022-23 campaign. May guided his Owls to the Final Four while posting a program-best 35-4 record. Prior to this season, the Owls had one previous appearance in the NCAA Tournament, but this year, May led the Owls to not just their first win in the big dance, but all the way to the Final Four in Houston.
Alijah Martin – @alijahmartin15
- Had a terrific season for Florida Atlantic and was a key component to the Owls’ Final Four run and 35-4 record
- A scoring machine, Martin scored double figures in 24 games, 20+ points in four games
- Became the 15 player in Florida Atlantic history to join the 1,000-point club
- Became the first Owl to earn multiple All-C-USA Team honors in a career in FAU’s 10-year member as a history of the league
Nick Boyd – @sfnnick
- Came through in the clutch in the first-round win over Memphis in the NCAA Tournament, scoring a lay-up with two seconds left to put FAU up 66-65 and give the Owls their first NCAA Tournament win ever
- Scored a career-high 21 points on 7-of-11 shooting from the floor and 4-of-8 shooting from 3-point range in the win over Rice
- Led FAU in assists with 92 on the season
- The 40% shooting from 3-point range is the seventh highest in a single season in FAU history
- His 68 made 3-pointers were the second-most on the team
- Currently ranks fourth all-time in FAU history in career shooting percentage (40%)
GET YOUR JOURNALING EXPERIENCE TODAY! CLICK HERE!